Use of this website
The Obesity Evidence Hub website has been created to identify and synthesise the best available evidence on obesity trends and topics. By framing the evidence base, our goal is to provide a platform for future policy development in Australia. We invite you to use, copy and reproduce content from the Obesity Evidence Hub website (but not third-party content), provided that you:
- always acknowledge that the content is from the Obesity Evidence Hub website;
- always use the content of the website in a way that is consistent with our purpose; and
- do not modify or alter the content without our permission.
The Obesity Evidence Hub website (Website) is a joint project of Cancer Council Victoria, the Bupa Foundation and the Food for Health Alliance which aims to identify, analyse and synthesise the evidence on obesity to provide a platform for future policy development in Australia (Purpose). Cancer Council Victoria (ABN 61 426 486 715) owns, operates, and is responsible for, the Website.
- ‘you’ or ‘your’ is a reference to you as the user of our Website; and
- ‘we’, ‘our’ or ‘us’ is a reference to Cancer Council Victoria.
Your use of our website
We permit you to access and use our Website on the basis that you:
- comply with any reasonable request from us in relation to your use of, and access to, our Website; and
- comply with all applicable laws.
All intellectual property rights in the Website (including our Website content and excluding Website content acknowledged as being sourced from third parties) are owned by us. Your access to and use of the Website does not grant or transfer to you any rights in relation to the Website.
You may use, copy or reproduce our Website content (but not third-party content) provided that you:
- always acknowledge that the content is from our Website;
- do not modify or alter the content from our Website unless you have our prior permission to do so; and
- always ensure that the content from our Website is used in a way that is consistent with the Purpose which includes, but is not limited to, ensuring that the use of the content is not misleading and is always in compliance with all applicable laws.
We reserve the right to withdraw our consent for you to use, copy or reproduce the Website content in our absolute discretion.
Our Website may contain links to third party websites which are only provided for convenience only. We have no control over and accept no liability for the content of these websites or any loss you may suffer as a result of accessing them.
You should contact the third party directly if you have any queries or concerns regarding third party content.
Our Website is intended to provide you with information that complies with all relevant laws and regulations. It is provided for general information only and is not specific to your circumstances. The content of our Website is not intended for use as health or medical advice, diagnosis, treatment or counselling and is not a substitute for health professionals using their clinical judgement to determine individual medical needs. We disclaim any duty of care and liability in respect of same.
Your access to our Website is entirely at your own risk and you must rely on your own skill and care with respect to the appropriateness of your use or interpretation of the information. We make no warranty, guarantee or representation as to:
- the continued availability of our Website;
- the accuracy, reliability, currency or completeness of the content on our Website;
- suitability of the information for any particular purpose; and
- the safety of our Website or the server from computer viruses or malicious bugs.
To the extent permitted by law, we disclaim all implied warranties and representations regarding our Website and are not liable (including for negligence) for any direct or indirect expense, loss, damage, claim or cost incurred by you or any other person resulting from any such use or access of the information including as a result of the information being inaccurate, not suitable for purpose, out-of-date, or incomplete.
You acknowledge that we are not responsible for, and to the extent permitted by law, exclude all liability to you or anyone else who suffers loss or damage (however caused and including indirect, consequential and economic loss) in connection with the use of our Website, its content or any linked website.
By accessing our Website, you agree to be bound by the laws of Victoria, and consent to any disputes being addressed in the Courts of Victoria.